The Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA) is a Treasury Board Crown Corporation responsible for the distribution of liquor and gaming products, and regulation of liquor, gaming and cannabis across the province. SLGA is committed to excellence, customer service, and promoting social responsibility and public safety in liquor, gaming and cannabis activities.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Vice President, Corporate Services and Gaming Operations plans, directs and leads a diverse portfolio, including:
• the corporate services functions within SLGA including: financial management, procurement, information systems, human resources, and employee health and safety;
• SLGA’s gaming relationship with First Nations through the Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations (FSIN) and the Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority (SIGA); and
• SLGA’s gaming operations including oversight of the operational agreements for First Nations casinos, and the provincial Video Lottery Terminal (VLT) program.
As a member of the SLGA Executive Committee, the Vice President plays a key role in the overall strategic direction and operational success of the Corporation.
Who we’re looking for
The successful candidate for this influential role will have a master’s degree in business, the social sciences or a related discipline with extensive directly related senior management experience. Assets include a professional accounting designation and knowledge and experience within both the private and public sectors, including working in a unionized environment.
You will have comprehensive knowledge of administration, management, and budgeting and accounting principles. Our candidate of choice will also have a proven ability to recognize business and financial management issues and their potential implications, conceptualize alternatives and options, and implement solutions to achieve operational success.
Demonstrated leadership skills supported by exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are also critical in this role. As a result, you are credible and decisive, and able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities as part of a collaborative senior leadership team.
• Customer Service Excellence
• Strategic and Operational Planning
• Leading Change
• Leading and Developing Others