The Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing works with municipal partners and community stakeholders to promote and support local governments to plan, manage, and invest in their communities' futures. Affordable housing is a key factor in the growth of every town, city and community in Ontario.
As the Director of the Housing Programs Branch, you will have the opportunity to affect change and have a lasting impact on the lives of Ontarians. You will act as a strategic partner across a vast array of stakeholders. You will combine your change leadership, program delivery and communications expertise to lead the design and delivery of housing and homelessness programs. You will promote strategic integration across program and policy areas.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister of the Housing Division, you will:
• CONTRIBUTE to the government’s affordable housing agenda, by leading the innovative program design and implementation of all major housing programs such as the Investment in Affordable Housing Program, housing allowance programs and greening initiatives
• BUILD and foster strategic partnerships with municipalities, Indigenous communities and sector organizations
• EMBRACE and promote working across organizational boundaries to ensure an integrated approach across policy and program areas
• CHAMPION change and shift strategic focus in response to changing priorities and the need to proactively plan for the future
• INFLUENCE and advise government officials, senior management and colleagues within and outside the ministry, providing viable strategies and practical solutions to resolve complex and high-profile issues
How do I qualify?
• You affirm, promote and demonstrate leadership attributes, diversity, accessibility and inclusive values in all communications and actions
• You are a senior leader who has demonstrated experience leading and motivating high-performing teams in a demanding environment
• You foster a healthy, positive and productive work environment, where team members are empowered to be their best
• You demonstrate success in articulating a vision and managing its implementation to achieve change
• You have the ability to communicate the value of change to leaders, staff and stakeholders
• You have experience assessing models of delivery and recommending, implementing and communicating new strategies and business improvements
• You have experience as a senior leader responsible for the design, implementation and delivery of complex programs
• You have experience conceptualizing oversight programs and governance frameworks to ensure third-party service delivery partners are compliant with their contractual obligations/service level agreements
• You have experience in the design and development of communications strategies
Stakeholder Relations and Political Acuity
• You create and foster relationships built around trust to ensure an integrated and collaborative approach across ministry program and policy areas
• You have experience managing broad contracts and have effectively managed third-party service providers to deliver products/services
• You have led public, external stakeholder and/or First Nations consultations in order to develop policy or program options
• You are persuasive and can influence across a broad spectrum of service managers, municipalities, other ministries, the federal government, and other stakeholders to support the sound administration of inter-jurisdictional housing programs and initiatives
• You have experience briefing senior executives on contentious issues
• You have proven political acuity to recognize, and respond to, politically sensitive and contentious issues