Ministry of Health is responsible for administering the health care system and providing services to the Ontario public through such programs as health insurance, drug benefits, assistive devices, mental health and addictions, home care services, community and public health, health promotion and disease prevention. It also regulates hospitals; operates psychiatric hospitals and medical laboratories; and coordinates emergency health services.
The Ministry of Health has opportunities for individuals to join the Health Services Branch where you will be involved in a leadership role which involves analytical skills to evaluate and develop health related policies and programs. This position requires an individual with a high degree of oral and written skills as they will be preparing documents for senior government, Cabinet Submissions and will also be required to brief government executives and external tribunals on ministry policies. This is a high volume, fast paced role that requires analytical thinkers with strong leadership and communication skills.
Why work for the Ontario Public Service
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) is committed to being an employer of first choice, creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• Flexible work arrangements
• Collegial and professional work culture
• Career growth and development opportunities across multiple business areas
• On-the-job training to support your success in the role.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this job, you will:
• Develop, implement, manage and evaluate health related policies and programs
• Provide advice and direction and discuss proposals with senior management, professional associations, other divisions and ministries
• Develop reports, briefings, presentations and correspondence on complex and contentious provider programs and related matters
• Analyze budgets and ensure appropriateness of expenditures
• Analyze and assess options to make recommendations on branch programs
• Foster strong relationships with stakeholders and represent the ministry on committees and tribunals
How do I qualify?
• You have experience providing leadership in program/policy, development, delivery and implementation.
Project Management Skills
• You can lead projects from initial concept through completion within specific timelines.
• You can provide project leadership and advice to an assigned team of analysts.
Research, Evaluation and Analytical Skills
• You demonstrate sound judgment, sensitivity and a high degree of political acuity implementation.
• You can assess the effectiveness of policies/programs against Ministry initiatives and goals.
• You can interpret and apply policy, procedures and legislation.
Relationship Management and Facilitation Skills
• You have expertise in creating and managing complex stakeholder relationships.
• You can work collaboratively to resolve issues, negotiate changes and shifts in priorities.
• You can lead consultations with stakeholders ensuring a shared understanding.
• You can respond to issues, provide recommendations and prepare reports using standard computer software.
• You can create, lead and present briefings on complex issues analysis to senior management.
OPS Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy <https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint <https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-
diversity-blueprint> pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity,accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment
consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code <http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
Salary Range: $74,136.00 - $109,246.00 Per Year
• 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 49 Place D'Armes, Kingston, East Region
• The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.