We are looking for someone to bring their own outstanding skills and personality to a diverse group. You will be working with a hardworking team passionate about delivering outstanding service to our members without compromising quality or customer experience.
Our goal is to help you develop the required skills and knowledge during your first year as a Pension Benefit Specialist Associate (PBSA) to work independently and achieve quality benchmarks, in order to progress to a full time permanent role as a Pension Benefits Specialist.
Who you'll work with
As part of the Member Services Team, you will work with a strong client team, with shared common goals and values of providing superior member experiences to the teachers’ of Ontario.
What you'll do
In this associate year, you will actively participate, provide feedback and show skill to Senior PBS and Trainers during independent learning activities, one-on-one working sessions and virtual and in-class training.
• Provide customer service answering direct inquires (phone, e-mail, web, written), under the supervision of a Team Coordinator then independently, to plan members, pensioners, survivors, other beneficiaries and third parties.
• Process pension benefits in accordance to the terms of plan and other applicable legislation.
• Review client files, assess eligible benefit scenarios, provide counselling, web support and perform benefit calculations during the point of contact.
• Respond to member e-mail and mail inquiries regarding benefit questions, general pension questions, requests for web support and updates to personal information.
• Process sophisticated benefit calculations, where you may need to research the method to perform accurate calculation.
• Meet with clients in person for one-on-one interviews / appointments.
• Interpret and assess client needs, eligibility requirements, critical issues, reporting requirements and write-offs.
What you'll need
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, listening and multitasking skills.
• Excellent ability to communicate optimally, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment while maintaining a high standard of accuracy and timeliness.
• Flexibility, dependability, tact and diplomacy are required.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, use of social media tools and online applications.
• Relevant university degree and/or client service experience required.
What we're offering
• Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentive
• Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
• Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage
• Guaranteed retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
• Competitive time off
• Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
• At the end of the 12-month contract, successful candidates will be considered for permanent employment
At Ontario Teachers', diversity is one of our core strengths. We are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we build reflect and celebrate diversity of thought, background and experience.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.