Are you an innovative individual who is looking for a challenge? Join the Long-Term Care Operations Division, Operational Policy and Implementation Branch, and provide your expertise in leading health system strategy and policy initiatives to improve health outcomes.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Play a key role in advancing innovative strategic health policies through policy research, analysis, development and evaluation on a broad range of health and health system issues.
• Develop, build and maintain partnerships and linkages with internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide leadership to project teams on concurrent policy development projects.
• Prepare a variety of correspondence and presentations for senior management.
How do I qualify?
• You have strong strategic orientation and demonstrated knowledge of and experience with policy development processes to lead the development and evaluation of strategies, legislative and resource allocation frameworks.
• You have knowledge of performance management approaches to provide leadership and expertise in the development, evaluation and communication of strategic policies, programs, regulations and/or legislation.
Project Management and Relationship Building Skills
• You can provide project management and leadership to work with teams on concurrent policy development projects and manage deadlines and competing priorities.
• You can negotiate and mediate resolution to issues to further policy making and support the development of policy papers and responses across the ministry.
• You can initiate and nurture strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and act as a trusted advisor.
Communication and Presentation Skills
• You can prepare and present complex research analyses, evidence based decision making results, policy reports, speeches, briefing notes and cabinet submissions.
• You can promote policy initiatives through presentations to members of the health sector, the community and ministry management and staff.
• You can create or develop complex documents synthesizing a variety of ideas, views and issues in a simplified and coherent fashion.
Conceptual Thinking, Research and Analytical Skills
• You have proven research skills.
• You can create new concepts to explain situations or resolve problems and to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations.
• You have an understanding of a broad range of issues in the health care system within Ontario, Canada and the international context.
• You have the ability to gain knowledge of government directions, priorities and legislative process to ensure policies are developed within the context of the government's health care agenda.
• You are able to access the Internet as a research tool and to prepare own materials using various software programs.
- 1 English Temporary, duration up to 9 months, 438 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 1 English Permanent, 438 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region
Association of Management, Administrative and Professional Crown Employees of Ontario
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Policy and Analysis
Tuesday, November 14, 2023
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.