What makes you great for this role?
You are passionate about the employee and candidate experience and you seek innovative and authentic ways to attract candidates and build talent pipelines while being committed to equitable access to opportunities.
• A team of highly skilled, dedicated and collaborative staff
• Leadership that supports you
• An enterprise that embraces change
• A work environment that respects and supports flexible work arrangements and overall employee wellness.
• Diploma or Degree in Human Resources, Psychology/Sociology, Business, or a related field;
• At least 3 years of full cycle recruitment experience in a corporate HR or recruitment agency environment;
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite, Applicant Tracking Systems, and LinkedIn Recruiter;
• Good understanding of modern sourcing and recruitment techniques including internet mining, direct sourcing and networking;
• Demonstrated experience with implementing sourcing and outreach strategies to proactively identify, source, attract and recruit appropriate candidates, along with exposure to campus recruitment activities;
• General knowledge of HR practices and applicable legislation;
• Excellent interpersonal, organization, presentation and communications skills;
• Effective stakeholder management, relationship building and consulting skills;
• Good research and analytical skills; and
• Availability to travel to field offices within Ontario and a valid driver’s license.
What you will do:
• Perform full cycle recruiting for open positions including sourcing, interviewing, offer negotiation, etc. and partner with HR Specialists, and hiring managers to consult, advise and coach on improvement of the hiring process;
• Recommend and administer recruiting validated assessment and testing tools for technical, professional and managerial roles;
• Develop and maintain a continuous pool of recruitment sources and talent through various methods including networking, building relationships with universities and colleges, attending job fairs, industry events and fostering connections with qualified candidates;
• Identify appropriate external job posting boards, temporary agencies, search firms, university/college and industry associations to meet the needs of hiring managers;
• Develop and review various recruitment materials including targeted and customized job postings, digital media resources, as well as maintaining MPAC’s career website pages;
• Participate in the development and implementation of manager training programs and toolkits for the recruitment process;
• Provide training to internal and external stakeholders as required on the use of the applicant tracking system and other candidate outreach tools;
• Generate recruitment metrics and ad hoc reports;
• Consult on and support human resources projects as required and actively participate on the Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-racism committee; and
• Contribute to the development and implementation of industry best practices and the innovative use of technology in MPAC recruitment processes.
Salary Range: $76,388 - $95,484 + Comprehensive benefit package and Defined Benefits pension plan for full-time employees
Assessment transparency. Accountability to the people of Ontario. Customer focus.
We will be clear and open about the property assessment process and how we arrive at values, continue to deliver cost-effective property assessment services that respect taxpayer dollars, and keep pace with customer needs and explore new ways to build and maintain trust.
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism
MPAC is committed to implementing an Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism strategy.
We are taking important steps towards ensuring that all voices are respected, valued and being heard.
MPAC is dedicated to fostering an environment where employees can bring their full, unique and authentic selves to the table, and are inspired to do their best work.
Posting number: MPAC-196-22
Number of positions: 1
Location: MPAC Head Office, Pickering
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week
Employment type: Full Time
Branch: Employee Relations
Department: Human Resources
Position level and salary: (PG F) $76,388 - $95,484
Area of Search: Open