IPAC is looking for 2 HR expert consultants for a project proposal to provide Technical Support in the roll-out of the competency framework in HR processes in the civil service of Mongolia.
The purpose of this consultancy service is to assist Government of Mongolia in the roll-out of the competency framework in human resource processes, namely in the recruitment and selection, and performance management, whilst developing and utilizing the competency assessment and gap determination. In carrying out this assignment Consultant shall mainstream gender considerations in all processes and deliverables. This project is expected to last 10-12 months.
Government Working Group (WG) was established in 2020, which comprised representatives of the stakeholders (CSC, CS, NAOG, MERIT project, university professors of HRM) at decision-making level and technical level members from CSC, local UNDP technical consultants. WG was pivotal in conceptualizing and endorsing the generic competency framework and advised the implementation in selected entities in Q2 of 2021.
The Consultant will work closely with the members of the Working Group to coach and build the knowledge and capacity in competency based HRM functions, and to prepare them for their role as advocates in the planned roll-out of the competency framework in two specific functions of the HRM process:
a) Recruitment and Selection
B) Performance management
The consultants will also provide input into the methodology section of the proposal.
The deliverables include:
- Responsibility matrix (segregation of duties).
- Process flowchart and process specification for:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Performance management
- Competency toolkit, methodology, and knowledge resources (Competency indicators shall be included into Recruitment Test/Selection interview questions (job grade/classification shall be considered)
- Training modules for the Working Group, Technical working group:
- Recruitment and Selection, incl. training for Selection Commission
- Performance management incl.performance assessment for civil servants
- Draft Recruitment and Selection and performance management guideline incl. methodologies, templates for selected entities.
- Training modules for HR Managers
- Draft competency assessment toolkit for gap analysis toolkit
- Recommendations for applying competencies in various HRM functions and competency gap analysis.
- Phase 2 process documentation report.
- Final report of all two phases, inclusive of recommendations on HR processes in the future.
Consultants: Competency-Based HRM Experts (2)
The selected proponents will collaborate with the Working Group in Mongolia to develop and implement a programme that will guide the transformation.
These Experts must:
- Have a degree/graduate certificate in public administration, business administration, human resource management or another field combined with relevant work experience.
- Have professional experience in project management (is desired).
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the public sector, including at least 5 years of practical, hands-on experiences in Recruitment and Selection, and Performance Management, competency development, competency assessment and gap determination and competency based HRM in civil service.