Organization: The Institute Of Public Administration Of Canada
Department: Research and Outreach
Work Location: Toronto, Ontario
Position: Administrative Assistant and Scheduler
Position type: Permanent, Full Time
The Institute of Public Administration (IPAC) is a dynamic organization, which is known for excellence in research, publications, conferences, knowledge networks and as a source of public administration and public policy expertise in Canada and around the world. IPAC‘s members include public decision - makers from across Canada, academics, students, and organizations interested in public administration. IPAC is an equal opportunity employer and is currently seeking a bilingual, dynamic individual to take on the role of Administrative Assistant and Scheduler. The Administrative Assistant and Scheduler contributes to the overall success of the organization by performing a range of duties in an enthusiastic, results oriented manner. Reporting to the Director of Research and Outreach, the Administrative Assistant and Scheduler works cooperatively with the IPAC team.
The Administrative Assistant and Scheduler provides the initial contact point for the members and non-members who interact with IPAC. The position also ensures that IPAC’s functions are properly and timely supported. The position requires proficiency in French and English and an ability to work with a very diverse set of clients and partners. The capacities to multitask and meet sometimes tight deadlines are required for the position. Attentiveness to details, accuracy, and effective organizational skills are also very important assets.
This position provides administrative support to IPAC’s various areas of operation. This includes scheduling, email contact with members, updating and maintaining various databases and the Institute’s website. The Administrative Assistant and Scheduler operates in a multitasking environment interacting with different clients and users often under tight deadlines.
• Maintaining records as needed; updating information in internal databases and on IPAC’s website.
• Managing contact and communication activities with the membership and clients (includes marketing e-blasts, job opportunities information).
• Providing general administrative services including ordering supplies, preparing material for shipping, sorting and distributing mail, and taking phone calls.
• Preparing documents and scheduling conference calls and committee meetings for the CEO and Directors.
• Coordinating and assembling materials for projects and meetings from a variety of sources.
• Providing assistance for French translations (short notices and agendas).
• Administration support for Executive and Board meetings including taking minutes and preparing agendas and other Board governance tasks as assigned.
• Financial administrative support (includes bank deposits, working with electronic invoices and receipts during conferences).
• Supporting the Director of Special Events in the organization of conferences and workshops (includes ordering material, creating online registration and designing the participants’ list and name badges).
• Supporting the social media effort of the Institute.
• Administrative support for the CEO.
• Ensuring that all visitors and callers receive excellent and timely support and information.
• Supporting IPAC’s communities of practice (includes creating online registration and designing the participants’ list and name badges.
• Any other related duties as assigned.
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in handling all areas of office administration.
• Experience working in non-profit sector/professional association (preferred)
• Experience working with a varied group of personnel and clients.
• Excellent communication skills in English and French, both oral and written.
• Demonstrated proficiency in use of Microsoft Office.
• Good understanding of social media.
• Excellent administrative, organization and time management skills.
• Strong ability to exercise creativity, good judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential information.
• Critical thinker who provides solutions working solo or with cross-functional teams.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Able to prioritize and manage workload independently.
• Ability to take initiative, to manage multiple tasks with established deadlines and work effectively within a team.
For more information about our organization, please visit the website www.ipac.ca .
Salary commensurate with experience and we offer a generous benefit package.