For accessibility assistance with this document, please phone Elections Ontario at 1-888-668-8683, Fax at 1-866-714-2809, TTY at 1-888-292-2312 or email email@example.com.
Who we are
The Office of the Chief Electoral Officer is a non-partisan agency of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, responsible for the administration of provincial elections, by-elections and referenda.
Our recruitment process reflects our mission to uphold the integrity and accessibility of the electoral process and to manage elections in an efficient, fair, and impartial manner. Together we lead change by building modern services that put the needs of electors first.
We believe in Responsiveness and Innovation, Accountability and Integrity, Respect and Efficiency.
Join our team
The Executive Office of Elections Ontario is seeking a high-energy, innovative leader to guide and motivate a diverse team of professionals in corporate planning, strategic analysis, policy development, stakeholder relations and protocol services. This position works directly with and provides advice to the Chief Electoral Officer, the Chief Operating Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer, informing direction, decisions and resolutions on a broad range of programs, projects and complex issues.
If you are a highly effective leader, adept at fostering productive relationships and realizing challenging objectives, in a dynamic work environment, we encourage you to consider this opportunity to work directly with the Executive Team of Elections Ontario.
Our organization offers career growth opportunities and a competitive rewards program.
What you can expect in this role
Reporting to the Chief Electoral Officer, you will:
• Collaborate with the Executive Team, providing strategic advice, consultation and analytical services on a broad range of complex issues associated with the ongoing implementation of Elections Ontario’s initiatives;
• Provide expertise and leadership in the development and implementation of EO’s corporate planning and strategic analysis process, including multi-year planning, to achieve Elections Ontario’s vision, priorities and strategic plan objectives;
• Organize and moderate an annual strategic plan review process, incorporating the design and implementation of appropriate instruments to measure client satisfaction;
• Monitor and evaluate Ontario legislative changes, identify potential organizational impacts and solutions. Support the development of legislative recommendations, which can include working with external committees and stakeholders;
• Direct and coordinate research, analysis and the preparation of briefing notes, correspondence, business cases, issues papers and recommendations, reports, surveys and other documents on a variety of procedural subjects;
• Ensure all key reports, including the Annual Report, Post-Event Report and various reports to the Legislative Assembly are of the highest quality, reflecting the Chief Electoral Officer’s vision, priorities and recommendations;
• Anticipate and determine required policy framework and develop and revise a suite of policies to ensure sound governance based on a broad range of legislation;
• Develop and maintain relationships with Elections Ontario’s stakeholder groups on behalf of the Chief Electoral Officer, including political parties, candidates and MPP’s. Effectively lead the Political Support Network;
• Represent the Executive Office in corporate management meetings, committees and working groups;
• Manage key protocol events for the Office and lead special projects;
• Develop divisional operating plans and budgets and develop and submit quarterly reporting forecasts and implementation plans;
• Coordinate secretariat functions for the Elections Ontario’s Strategic Leadership Team and the Executive Committee;
• Manage staff, establish goals, priorities and assign work; and
• Travel between our Scarborough and mid-town Toronto offices, as required.
• University degree with specialization in a relevant field of study;
• Demonstrated supervisory/leadership skills normally associated with a minimum of two years of management experience;
• Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning and management principles, theories, policies and practices to provide expertise and recommendations on the management of Election Ontario’s corporate planning and strategic analysis process;
• Experience in research and policy analysis and development theory, principles and methodologies to provide leadership in the provision of research and policy development;
• Experience in providing advice to senior management and executive on a range of complex issues;
• Knowledge of government committees, structures and protocols;
• Expertise in relationship management and political acuity;
• Exceptional oral / written communications, consultation, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
• Strong research and analytical skills to assist in the preparation of briefing notes, reports, frameworks and recommendations;
• Ability to understand and apply knowledge of the Election Act, the Election Finances Act, the Employment Standards Act and other pertinent Acts; and
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Salary Band: $96,813 to $128,616 per annum
The home work location for this position is 51 Rolark Drive, Toronto ON M1R 3B1 (closest major intersection: Warden and Ellesmere)