This is the challenge you've been waiting for: the opportunity to lead a new ministry initiative and showcase your relationship management, facilitation, strategic and operational leadership strengths.
Your focus as the Director, Housing Delivery Group is to lead a newly established dedicated team of professionals to identify barriers to specific priority housing development projects, and work with developers and municipalities to find solutions. Your collaborative approach to getting things done combined with an entrepreneurial spirit will enable your success in supporting outcomes that align with the ministry's Long Term Affordable Housing Strategy and the Fair Housing Plan.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister and under the day-to-day leadership of the Provincial Land and Development Facilitator, you will:
- Direct and lead key housing supply initiatives, actions and strategies to unlock and expedite priority residential development projects to help ensure that appropriate housing supply is coming to the market to meet demand.
- Advise and lead secretariat services for the Provincial Land and Development Facilitator in her role to help the province, municipalities, landowners and communities resolve issues related to priority housing development projects.
- Build and lead effective partnerships within the ministry and with other ministries, municipalities, and external organizations to facilitate/negotiate solutions to housing issues and proactively leverage collaborative opportunities to support the ministry's priorities.
- Build, lead and act as a change champion to a small group of professionals, ensuring a collaborative, team-based approach in the achievement of priorities.
How do I qualify?
Leadership, Strategic and Operational Management
- You have a strategic, team-focused leadership style to deliver on business strategies and plans while facilitating a positive and productive working environment in a time of continuous change.
- You combine an understanding of housing development and land use planning issues with senior-level competencies in managing complex assignments from inception to implementation, while balancing political and other stakeholder interests.
- You have strategic planning, policy and program management skills which will allow you to coordinate and implement initiatives, actions and strategies that meet ministry needs while supporting the government's housing agenda.
- You are committed to innovation and service excellence and motivate staff through change.
Stakeholder/Relationship Management /Political Acuity
- You demonstrate political acuity and excellent judgement to recognize and respond to high profile, sensitive and contentious market housing issues and complex stakeholder dynamics.
- You are familiar with provincial/municipal governance structures, services, programs, and public/private housing development sector stakeholders to enable you to establish effective partnerships to address land use planning and housing development issues.
- You have built strong horizontal relationships and partnerships with ministries and internal stakeholders to collaboratively achieve common outcomes.
- You are a strategic and conceptual thinker who can quickly grasp complex issues and inter-relationships, and identify the potential consequences of intended actions.
- You are able to navigate through ambiguity and provide clear direction for others.
- You are a skilled communicator and have the ability to provide briefings and strategic advice to the Minister, Deputy Minister, and senior executives on program and strategic initiatives and priorities within a sensitive political environment.