If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion and anti-racism. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As the Director, Utilities Delivery, you will be a part of the Senior Management Team in the Infrastructure Services Department, providing oversight, accountability and cross-corporate collaboration for the design, construction and commissioning of the City of Calgary’s Utility Infrastructure. You will lead the team in this new Business Unit focused on both Linear and Process Infrastructure delivery, this includes the areas of water, stormwater, wastewater and waste and recycling. Primary duties include:
• Champion a strong safety culture for employees, consultants, and contractors.
• Lead a team delivering Infrastructure Projects using in-house staff, consultants, and contractors.
• Focus on minimizing the impact of projects to citizens and businesses.
• Constantly seek new approaches to improve utilities infrastructure delivery and reduce project costs while driving project outcomes to align with the service needs.
• Develop and sustain ongoing community and stakeholder relations with , Civic Partners, Business Improvement Areas, Community Associations and other organizations.
• Create strong working relationships with Council, the City Manager's Office, industry, community leaders and Corporate leaders to ensure project delivery success.
• Develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships within the City Organization, and constantly seek input from the organization to improve our infrastructure delivery and our service delivery to customers.
• Develop appropriate organizational structures to support the mandate and lead all recruitment efforts to appropriately staff the team with experienced team members.
• A Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or a an Engineering degree or a degree in a complimentary field (for example; Business, Law, Planning, or related) with at least 10 years of progressively responsible management experience in a complex organization.
• Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered.
• Experience creating and executing action plans based upon business analytics, pro forma statements, and aligned with corporate objectives.
• Aligning with City corporate values, you will have demonstrated strategic thinking abilities, change management skills, exceptional communication skills, a focus on customer service, and the ability to create collaborative working environments which empower others to make sound decisions.