This position can be performed from any of the following communities: Victoria, Vancouver or New Westminster.
Senior Policy Analyst
$69,900.80 - $79,791.25 annually plus a 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment
5 positions available.
The Health Human Resources and Labour Relations Division is responsible for workforce strategies and operational delivery of provider services that contribute to effectively meeting patient and population health needs and improving patient outcomes through the efficient delivery of health services.
The Professional Regulation and Oversight Branch is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies for the regulation and oversight of health care workers in British Columbia to ensure patients can be confident they are receiving high-quality, safe patient care from competent health professionals at all times.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate and lead the research, analysis, development and implementation of strategic policies and frameworks on policy planning tools related to the regulation and oversight of health professionals working in British Columbia.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Master’s degree in Public Administration, Social Sciences, Law, or related field, and a minimum of 3 years of progressive recent and related experience; OR
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Social Sciences, Law, or related field, and a minimum of 5 years of progressive recent and related experience; OR
• Diploma in Public Administration, Social Sciences, Law, or related field, and a minimum of 6 years of progressive recent and related experience; OR
• A minimum of 7 years related experience.
Progressive and recent (within last 5 years) related experience includes a combination of any 2 or more of the following. Preference may be given to candidates with 3 or more of the following:
• Experience in legislation and/or regulation development process.
• Experience providing policy and issues management advice to senior executives and preparing briefing material.
• Experience working productively and cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience developing, analyzing, evaluating and implementing strategic and operational policies.
• Experience in project management.