A high profile leadership role for an experienced facilitator with outstanding collaborative skills
The Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) supports healthy child development by its commitment to a collaborative professional practice delivered across a range of services that strive to maximize the potential of children and youth, and achieve meaningful outcomes for children, youth and families.
The Finance and Corporate Services Division provides a suite of strategic business services enabling ministry staff to support the well-being of children, youth and families in BC. The division works across the ministry to ensure compliance with corporate policies, procedures and legislation and assists clients in achieving their business and financial objectives. The Monitoring, Analytics and Information Management Branch improves outcomes for vulnerable children and youth through providing information and evidence to strengthen practice, policy, privacy and records management. This includes performance management, research, and business intelligence through the Ministry’s Corporate Data Warehouse.
This position provides strategic leadership for the Ministry of Children and Family Development and partners (e.g., Delegated Aboriginal Agencies) in information management, privacy (as the Ministry Privacy Officer), document management, analytics, business intelligence, and program performance management.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Completion of a related degree, diploma or equivalent in a field such as computer science, economics, or statistics.
• Preference may be given to applicants with a Master’s Degree in a related field.
• Experience with strategic planning and business transformation in an information-dependent business area or information systems organization.
• Experience proactively finding innovative solutions and best practices to complex information management challenges.
• Experience leading, developing and implementing information management policies, programs and projects in a complex systems environment including data security and data management.
• Experience establishing collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to lead organizational change associated with coordinated implementation and service delivery
• Experience negotiating and managing information management contracts.
• Experience managing professional staff, project teams, and budgets.