A multi-faceted career opportunity for a human resources professional skilled in labour relations, investigations support and contract interpretation
* The HR Advisory Services team is a virtual team, and the successful applicant could be located in any of the following locations: Vancouver, Victoria, Prince George, Kamloops or Nanaimo, depending on the current location of the successful applicant.
The BC Public Service Agency (PSA) provides leadership and services in people management. The Agency supports its clients in achieving their human resource goals and improves the overall effectiveness of the public service by providing human resource management policies and frameworks, as well as a variety of human resource services, products and programs.
As a Human Resources Advisor, you provide case management support and advice for customers, considering both an interest and rights-based approach regarding individual employee behavioural and performance-based issues or events. In this role, you provide comprehensive advice and guidance on cases that require intervention and resolution via conflict management principles, corrective and/or disciplinary actions. If you are a motivated, analytical HR generalist with the ability to work effectively as part of a highly productive virtual team, we look forward to your application.
Qualifications for this role include:
• University degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field and a minimum of 2 years progressive, related experience in a Human Resources role; OR,
• Diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field and a minimum of 4 years progressive, related experience in a Human Resources role.
• Experience providing consultative advice and expertise on HR matters in a unionized environment to Human Resource Practitioners, managers and supervisors in the areas of: Labour Relations, Performance Management, Attendance Management, Investigations, Discipline, Grievance Handling and compensation and benefits.
• Experience working with managers, and/or supervisors to address and resolve more complex issues such as employee misconduct, conduct- related performance, and labour relations aspects of health related employee issues etc.
• Experience interpreting collective agreements, HR legislation, policies and procedures, and terms and conditions of employment.
• Experience conducting or supporting investigations, and recommending solutions.
• Experience negotiating and resolving conflict situations with the intent to develop mutually acceptable conditions.