If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion and anti-racism. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As the Director Corporate Planning and Performance, you will be a part of the Senior Management Team in the Corporate Planning and Financial Services Department driving enterprise-wide performance excellence and innovation as steward of The City's Performance Management System. The City's Performance Management System includes:
• Service plans and budgets so citizens can better understand the services we offer and where their taxes are spent.
• Ongoing service review and improvement programs and advancements to support continued efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of City programs and services.
• Evidence-based decision making in achieving our corporate goals through performance measurement, benchmarking and reporting.
• Strategically manage The City’s corporate risk.
You will lead the team in this new Business Unit focused on ensuring a coherent, consistent and sustainable approach to developing, evolving and implementing the City’s Performance Management System. Primary duties include:
• Develop and grow functions within structure to support modernization of municipal government.
• Define and maintain frameworks that support balance, transparency and rigour within Performance Management systems, including integration of economic analysis and enterprise risk management.
• Deliver organization-wide planning, programs, services, analysis and reporting that support efficient and effective service delivery and improve service value.
• Provide context, information and expertise to Council, Executive Leadership Team (ELT), stakeholders to support organization-wide planning, performance and risk management.
• Steward The City's service-based approach.
• As City Risk Officer – ensures strategic action plan for Enterprise Risk Management is developed and implemented, providing organization-wide leadership and coordination in risk management.
• A Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or a degree in a complimentary field (for example; Business, Finance, Accounting or related) with at least 10 years of progressively responsible management experience in a complex organization.
• Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered.
• Experience creating and executing business unit and corporate wide action plans based upon business analytics, pro forma statements, and aligned with corporate objectives.
• Aligning with City corporate values, you will have demonstrated strategic thinking abilities, change management skills, exceptional communication skills, a focus on customer service, and the ability to create collaborative working environments which empower others to make sound decisions.
• Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Business Unit: Corporate Planning and Performance
Position Type: Permanent
Location: 800 Macleod Trail SE
Compensation: Director Level 2 $131,500 - 200,000 Per annum
Days of Work: This position typically works a 5 day
work week, earning 1 day off in each 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: October 14, 2021
Job ID #:304590