The Town of Newmarket, Corporate Communications
Department requires a Communications Specialist
Regular Full-Time (35 hours/week)
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, the Communications Specialist provides a full range of communications services to specific client groups/departments including producing communications plans and deliverables, critical paths, monitoring expenses, handling media inquiries and writing releases; designing and writing corporate documents, advertisements, general communications and website material; coordinating graphics for internal and external purposes; and coordinating special events/projects.
How do I qualify?
• Completion of a post-secondary degree in Public Relations, Communications or a related discipline or a diploma or certificate program in Public Relations, or Communications combined with significant experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• Strong demonstrated experience in writing, editing, design, layout, production of print and electronic communications.
• Proficiency in word processing, Web applications, graphics & publishing software (MS Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, proficiency in Web software and aptitude for Web publishing).
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with the media, public and officials at all levels, and to maintain confidentiality.
• Experience operating office equipment including digital camera, projector etc.
• Highly developed oral and written communication, problem-solving, troubleshooting and multitasking skills required.
• Knowledge of advertising and marketing principles and practices.
• Ability to organize, shift priorities and work independently.
• Class “G” driver’s license in good standing with reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
• Availability to work a flexible work schedule including unscheduled overtime and modified hours to accommodate conferences, trade shows, special events, and meetings to meet deadlines.
Salary: $68,058 - $85,072