Are you able to influence change and identify opportunities for continuous improvement? Are you a strategic thinker that has worked within teams to resolve complex problems involving a range of diverse perspectives? Are you a skilled project planner with strong interpersonal skills who wants to have an active role in meeting strategic objectives for integrated child and youth services?
The Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, Integration and Program Effectiveness Branch, is seeking a strong analytical professional to provide project leadership and expertise in the planning, development and implementation of research, program evaluation or research/evaluation frameworks to support policy/program development.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position, you will:
• Develop and evaluate in-depth and comprehensive reports and analyses, policy papers, briefing materials, and present findings and recommendations to ministry senior management.
• Research and coordinate information from various sources within own and other ministries to respond to information requests.
• Provide information, education, and/or training to increase the capacity of the youth justice system to address the educational and vocational needs of youth.
• Ensure that policy and program options and recommendations consider key factors such as funding, governance, stakeholder interest and needs, implementation issues, and immediate and long-term impacts.
How do I qualify?
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
• You have experience using program analysis/evaluation techniques to assess the effectiveness of policies and programs and to provide recommendations.
• You have the ability to undertake research studies to conceptualize/develop policy and program options, frameworks, and operational guidelines.
• You have proven experience reviewing information in developing policy/program proposals, evaluating a range of policy factors, and assessing implications/impacts on existing policy/programs.
• You have experience identifying implications and impact of proposed policy changes, implementation issues, and medium and long term impacts of changes, and potential risks.
• You have experience providing policy recommendations/options and/or program frameworks to senior management.
Consultation and Interpersonal Skills:
• You have the ability to lead consultation and implement research and evaluation methods.
• You have experience establishing stakeholder linkages across various jurisdictions, and to work cooperatively on policy development projects.
• You have consensus-building skills to gain support for policy and program initiatives, to resolve issues and to develop a coordinated position on policy issues.
• You have experience providing policy advice, and to explain social policy and/or program recommendations.
• You use tact and diplomacy to represent the ministry/province on intergovernmental forums, and its position on sensitive socio-political issues to working committees and other counterparts.
• You have demonstrated knowledge of theories, principles, and methodologies of research/program evaluation design and statistical analysis techniques.
• You have knowledge of project management techniques, policy and program development principles and techniques and legislative/decision making processes.
• You have proven knowledge of social theory as it relates to child and youth services, the policies and issues impacting social policy, and trends and directions in the social sector.
• You have demonstrated knowledge of legislation, and strategic directions for an integrated child and youth service agenda, as well as governance, funding, and critical social policy issues.
• You have experience providing recommendations, preparing reports and options papers, creating socio-economic analyses, briefing materials, and correspondence using standard office software.
• You have the ability to represent the ministry/province on intergovernmental task forces, respond to issues, and to promote policy initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.