Are you a pro-active, strategic leader with proven experience in policy development, program oversight and relationship management? Do you have demonstrated experience in leading and inspiring teams to deliver and drive initiatives in a fast-paced dynamic environment? If so, consider this exciting permanent opportunity to join our policy team in the Agency Oversight & Relationship Management Branch as a key member of the Transit Policy and Programs Group management team.
In this role, you will lead a team of policy professionals in the development and implementation of policies, legislation and strategies to support the advancement of the province's transit priorities through effective agency collaboration and oversight. You will work closely with Metrolinx, partner ministries, across the ministry, and with other stakeholders on strategies, issues and policies.
The Agency Oversight & Relationship Management Branch provides strategic policy and corporate oversight of Metrolinx working with the agency, across the Ministry of Transportation, and with partner ministries.
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) Leadership Behaviours defines what it means to be a leader through the following expected behaviours and attributes:
• We commit to the responsibilities of being a leader by demonstrating authenticity, accountability and courage
• We lead for the future by embracing positive disruption, a future mindset and by developing each other, every day
• We are people-centred by leading with a common purpose, being inclusive and driving people-centred outcomes
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Director, Agency Oversight & Relationship Management, Policy and Planning Division, you will:
• Lead and manage a team of professional policy staff in the development, analysis, and implementation of policy initiatives, regulations, legislation and programs.
• Provide expertise and advice to ministry executives, senior management and staff on program development and implementation options, legislation, regulations, risk and issues management strategies.
• Lead and direct internal and external stakeholder and partner relations and the ministry's inter-ministerial relations, consultations, engagement and facilitation in relation to the agency.
How do I qualify?
Leadership and Strategic Planning
• You have managed and led professional staff to achieve results on high-profile initiatives while fostering an inclusive, team-focused work environment.
• You have strategic planning, policy development and program design skills, and an ability to translate “big picture” objectives into specific team/individual goals and develop team commitment.
• You are a driven and motivated leader who fosters an environment of continuous improvement, creativity and excellence.
• You have experience in building and maintaining effective relationships with partner ministries and stakeholders to share information, build consensus and deliver on priorities.
• You have demonstrated good judgement, political acuity and organizational awareness in managing issues.
Public Policy and Program Management:
• You have knowledge of and experience with public policy development, legislative agendas, and government decision making processes, including preparing submissions for Treasury Board/Management Board of Cabinet and Cabinet considerations.
• You have an understanding of Ontario's transportation system, including transit trends and developments, as well as the strategic and operational issues impacting the ministry and transit agencies and the transportation sector.
• You are a skilled communicator and have the ability to provide briefings and strategic advice to the Minister, Deputy Minister, and senior officials on policy initiatives and priorities.
• You have superior oral and written communication skills and are able to clearly distill and present complex policy issues to internal and external stakeholders.
Salary Range: $90,348 - $129,903 per year
• 1 Permanent, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
• This competition may be used to fill future manager vacancies in the Agency Oversight & Relationship Management Branch.