Job description :
Senior Delivery Specialist
Do you love to help solve complex and challenging problems? Do you strive to spend your days on work that has positive impact on the lives of others? Do you dream about contributing to large-scale, transformational change?
If so, this is the opportunity that you've been waiting for.
Ontario has an ambitious set of goals to drive measurable improvements in human and social services. This is a time of significant transformation, and we are building a new start-up team to help enable the successful delivery of priority initiatives and improve outcomes for the people of Ontario.
As a Senior Delivery Specialist, you will bring a result-based focus to delivery, partnering with senior executives and their teams to break through traditional siloes and work across government and in our communities to deliver results that matter.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a member of the Delivery Office, you will be at the centre of the efforts to solve some of the toughest challenges in social services. You will work with sector experts to:
• Define goals, targets & strategies
• Develop delivery approaches & implementation plans
• Analyze data and monitor progress towards outcomes
• Identify & resolve roadblocks
• Undertake deep-dive, collaborative problem solving
• Provide a challenge function to existing and emerging initiatives
• Connect teams with resources & subject matter experts
• Build delivery capability and define methods & tools to support others
The Delivery Office is a small, dedicated team in the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services. That means that you'll be using your expertise and talent every day to help provide support to kids, adults and families across Ontario.
Why should I join?
Join us and help make government work better for the people who need it. We provide team members with constructive feedback to foster their career growth, and opportunities to collaborate with talented people.
• work that makes an impact
• learning and development opportunities
• an open and inclusive work environment
• flexible work arrangements
• health and dental benefits
• pension plan
Overall, we will help you achieve your goals through continuous learning, professional development and support.
What would I bring to the team?
• You are passionate about public service and improving outcomes for people
• You have deep experience leading results-based transformational change in complex organizations
• You have a humble, diplomatic working style that enables you to quickly build trust and add value to diverse, multi-disciplinary teams
• You love to roll up your sleeves, listen, learn and contribute in a collaborative and fluid work environment
• You are comfortable with ambiguity when the path is not clear, and are flexible to adapt to shifting priorities and evolving roles as part of a start-up team
How do I qualify?
Strategic Planning & Transformational Change Skills
• You have experience in leadership roles in large-scale, complex transformation
• You have experience with change management and transformation methodologies, tools and techniques (such as Deliverology, etc.)
• You have strategic planning and project management skills to support the development, monitoring, and critical evaluation of strategies and implementation plans
• You have an understanding of public sector decision-making practices to help manage the planning, implementation and evaluation of priority initiatives
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
• You have a proven record of building and maintaining strong relationships to gain trust and credibility with diverse stakeholders in a complex working environment
• You can drive collaborative decision-making processes and consensus-building among executive-level leaders, despite potentially competing priorities
• You have facilitation, coaching and team leadership skills to guide, teach and support executives and teams of varying disciplines, levels and experience
• You have exceptional writing skills to respond to issues, provide recommendations and prepare a wide variety of correspondence
• You can create, lead and present briefings on complex issues
Analytical & Problem-Solving Skills
• You can define, track and analyze key performance indicators, targets and trajectories to assess progress against goals and priorities
• You can analyze both qualitative and quantitative information to conduct root cause analysis of issues impacting the delivery of priority initiatives and provide insightful analysis and advice
• You have risk assessment and risk management skills to identify risks and develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans to resolve issues related to priority initiatives
• You can analyze service systems and their underlying delivery chains to identify and develop opportunities for improvement
• You have experience in analysis and presentation of data, including but not necessarily limited to financial, service delivery and client data
$76,683 - $111,456 per year
1 Permanent, 315 Front St W, Toronto, Toronto Region, Criminal Record Check
2 Temporary, duration up to 24 months, 315 Front St W, Toronto, Toronto Region, Criminal Record Check
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service).
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.