Location: 1075 Bay St, Toronto, ON
Division: Ontario Health Insurance Plan Division
The Ministry of Health is seeking a strategic senior leader with exceptional relationship management skills to build and maintain credible and collaborative partnerships with individual providers, professional associations and health care provider organizations. If you are passionate about the health care sector and you can provide leadership and direction for planning, priority setting and negotiation of compensation and accountability agreements through negotiation and collaboration, then consider this opportunity.
As Director, Negotiations, within the Ontario Health Insurance Plan Division, your strategic leadership and superior negotiation skills will lead a Branch and play an integral role in securing compensation and accountability agreements with health care providers, associations and health care organizations, to maximize the ministry’s investment in the health care system.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Director, Negotiations you will:
• Provide leadership in the planning, development and implementation of sound negotiation strategies and processes related to the delivery of physician programs and services.
• Lead the development of negotiation mandates and strategies within the division and assembles negotiation teams drawing on a wide range of internal and external resources.
• Provides advice and oversight of agreements and contract management approaches for a variety of providers and services.
• Directs the development of effective, timely communication strategies and shares information with internal/external stakeholders on negotiation outcomes, government directions.
• Influence, negotiate and develop strong, productive partnerships and relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrate political acuity and superior communication and interpersonal skills to lead consultations and brief ministry executives.
How do I qualify?
• You are a proven senior leader currently working at a director-level or considered an advancing leader who is ready for director-level roles.
• You have executive leadership experience in building teams, mentoring staff and delivering results in a fast-paced and high-profile environment.
• You are collaborative with the ability to plan strategically and communicate a vision to those around you.
• You support and promote a positive team environment which fosters a culture of excellence and creates an inclusive, diverse, equitable and accessible workplace.
• You are skilled at providing advice and briefings to senior executives.
• You have experience building and fostering strategic partnerships and collaborative networks to promote specific objectives and strategic direction.
• You have the ability to get stakeholders to the table, deal with them tactfully and respectfully, manage their expectations, and facilitate cooperation among them.
• You have superior negotiation skills for engaging stakeholders in productive discussions and to arrive at a negotiated agreement.
• You have the ability to anticipate potential issues that stakeholders may have and to seek increased understanding of viewpoints.
• You act with integrity and promote transparency and accountability.
Job Specific and Health Sector Knowledge
• You have excellent knowledge of the health care system and specifically physician models of practice, related legislation, regulations and current contracts.
• You are familiar with accountability agreements, decision-making structures, procedures and standards.
• You have excellent knowledge of effective negotiation practices and techniques to negotiate agreements.
• You understand contract management, collective agreements, workplace legislation, human resource policies, directives and guidelines.
• You have knowledge of financial planning, budgeting and management expertise sufficient to lead/support the development of financial plans that are sound and support the negotiation mandate.
Judgement, Tact and Political Acuity
• You demonstrate the ability to assess the potential of industry and political acceptance of recommendations and decisions regarding negotiations.
• You have proven success in negotiating and managing complex, sensitive and high-profile issues.