Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister, Infrastructure, you’ll provide effective, efficient planning, execution and delivery of capital planning, facility planning and project management policies and procedures. As part of senior management, you’ll also lead and manage all Capital Projects Division activities, including responsibility for the coordinated management and oversight of all Government of Nunavut capital projects, and the direct delivery of all Iqaluit capital projects.
• A recognized degree in Architecture, Engineering or a related field.
• At least 10 years’ progressively challenging project management experience on medium-to-large commercial and/or institutional building projects, with exposure to, and participation in, all aspects of planning, designs, construction and delivery, and including at least 5 years as a primary consultant or project lead responsible for coordinating the input and delivery of multidisciplinary teams.
• 5 years’ progressive managerial experience.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Professional Engineer or Architect designation, with appropriate professional membership.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation, with appropriate professional membership (PMI or equivalent).
• Experience working on medium-to-large commercial and/or institutional building projects in a Northern jurisdiction.
• Fluency in two or more of Nunavut’s Official Languages (Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, English and French).
• Knowledge of the Inuit language, communities, culture and land, and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit.
• This is a Position of Trust and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required.
Compensation & benefits: This position, not included in the Nunavut Employees Union, offers a salary range of $117,225 to $167,464 per annum (37.5 hours/week), plus a Northern Allowance of $15,016 per annum. Note: Subsidized staff housing is available.