The province is recruiting top talent to deliver on the government's ambitious transit policy mandate that includes delivering on strategic and policy oversight of Metrolinx, and building and maintaining strong relationships across the agency, ministry and partner ministries. Consider joining our growing policy team in this exciting role in the Agency Oversight & Relationship Management Branch where you will have a direct impact in influencing transit in the region.
The Agency Oversight and Relationship Management Branch requires a Policy Advisor to support this work, in particular to conduct research, gather and assess data to support policy development, and provide analytical and communications services related to the development and implementation of transit policies and programs.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Working within the Capital Investment Oversight Office, you will:
• Assess and research data requirements;
• Develop and study designs and procedures;
• Assess validity of findings;
• Prepare reports, discussion papers, presentations, briefing notes and correspondence on transportation issues;
• Provide analysis of transportation issues and recommend solutions and policy proposals; and
• Maintain links with ministry management and stakeholders.
How do I qualify?
Research, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• You have knowledge of data gathering techniques
• You know analytical research and statistical methods
• You can analyze information and data
• You have well-developed research skills
• You can resolve complex problems or issues
• You can analyze and interpret legislation, evaluate governance and provide recommendations and/or solutions
Transportation Policy Development and Economic Theory Knowledge
• You have knowledge of transportation planning processes and strategic directions
• You have knowledge of economic theory and multi-modal transportation practices
• You have knowledge of policy development process
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You can consult and liaise with a wide variety of internal and external contacts
• You can build and maintain effective working relationships and develop stakeholder partnerships
• You can provide advice to program management
• You have presentation skills to effectively communicate information and proposals to a variety of contacts and stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
Project Management and Planning Skills
• You have strong planning skills to plan and conduct studies
• You have experience managing projects and ability to work independently or in a team environment
• You can prepare complex technical reports
Salary Range: $62,011 - $86,697 per year
• 1 Temporary, duration up to 18 months (with possible of extension)