The province is recruiting top talent to deliver on the government's ambitious transit policy mandate that includes delivering on strategic and policy oversight of Metrolinx, and building and maintaining strong relationships across the agency, ministry and partner ministries. Consider joining our growing policy team in this exciting role in the Agency Oversight & Relationship Management Branch where you will have a direct impact in influencing transit in the region.
In this role, you will provide project leadership in a fast-paced environment in the research, analysis, development and implementation of policies and programs relation to inter-reginal transit governance, service delivery and infrastructure. You will also provide leadership in support of provincial transit priorities, including the upload of the Toronto subway network.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Lead all aspects of policy and program development and evaluation
• Lead development of legislation and regulations in support of provincial transit priorities
• Work collaboratively across the Transit Policy and Programs Group and MTP to plan, lead and coordinate studies and research to identify inter-regional transit infrastructure issues and trends
• Develop and maintain strong relationships across the agency and ministry
• Regularly provide policy advice to senior management and staff through briefings reports and presentations
How do I qualify?
Policy and Program Knowledge and Skills
• You have the ability to lead all aspects of policy and program development, implementation and evaluation, including options and recommendation, legislative documents, Cabinet and Treasury Board/Management Board of Cabinet submissions, and stakeholder consultations
• You have a good understanding of government decision making and policy development processes
• You have the ability to develop innovative approaches to governance, oversight and policy development
Research, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• You can plan, develop, provide strong analysis, and execute transportation policy advice, legislation and regulations
• You know techniques for managing issues and risks and can use political acuity to work towards effective resolution of potentially critical and sensitive issues
• You can evaluate competing interests of stakeholders to identify issues and provide options
• You can identify and prioritize complex issues and concerns
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You have consultation skills to identify areas of concern and discuss and resolve problems
• You have partnership and consensus building skills to develop effective partnerships with stakeholders
• You have oral and written communication skills to provide expert advice, prepare reports, present advice and to discuss policies and directions with senior management
Project Management Skills
• You have project management and planning skills to plan, organize and execute transportation projects with multi-disciplinary project teams
• You can lead projects, including determining human resource and financial requirements and supervising staff
• You have experience with software applications to research and undertake analysis and prepare your own materials
Salary Range: $71,243 - $104,983 per year
• 3 Temporary, duration up to 18 months (with possible of extension)