In Ontario, road safety is a priority for our government. At the Ministry of Transportation and its Road User Safety Division, we are the driving forces behind Ontario’s outstanding record and reputation as one of the safest places to drive in the world. Our ministry is looking for a seasoned leader, that delivers on organizational priorities, with strategic leadership skills and a passion for influencing change and driving transformation.
Working with private and public sector partners, the successful candidate will provide overall leadership and direction for the end-to-end business transformation of our road safety programs. If you are customer service driven, can establish strong partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders, and can lead, deliver and measure the successful implementation of programs and services to the public, then consider applying for the Executive Director role.
What can I expect to do in this role?
The Executive Director provides the strategic direction for the ministry’s core driver licencing and vehicle registration programs, one of the largest and most complex systems in government. As a member of the Ministry’s Senior Leadership Team, this position will lead a large change management effort which will improve ministry business processes and supporting technology systems to meet the growing demands of Ontario’s citizens and delivery partners. The Executive Director will ensure improvements to service delivery and customer services, implementation of government priorities as well as enabling new business opportunities.
The Executive Director will be responsible for:
• Leading the transformation of road safety services to meet the needs of an increasingly digitally connected world, which is people-centred, and data driven.
• Improving the customer service experience for the public and transforming driver/vehicle documents to one digitized document.
• Ensuring information on every driver, vehicle and commercial carrier in Ontario (the largest database of personal information in the Ontario government) is protected and only used in legitimate ways.
• Providing direct operational oversight for licensing services, road safety program development and business transformation.
• Promoting and fostering a positive, healthy and productive environment where proactive communications are necessary to function effectively while focussing on quality assurance, acquisition management, performance management and performance indicators.
• Directly leading and supporting a 7-year business transformation plan journey.
• Providing strategic advice and expertise to the Minister, Deputy Minister and Assistant Deputy Minister on contentious road safety issues and implications.
How do I qualify?
• You are a passionate leader and who can successfully develop and cultivate strong, healthy relationships with staff, partners, stakeholders and executives.
• You have experience leading and motivating high-performing teams.
• You are an inclusive leader who affirms, promotes and demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion and accessibility.
• You are an expert communicator that can set expectations clearly and with deep insights into opportunities to align work towards modernizing service delivery.
• You are a client- focused executive that demonstrates flexibility and creativity in anticipating and responding to clients’ needs.
• You are a courageous change agent capable of managing and motivating staff within a transitional environment.
• You challenge the status quo and develop new and innovative strategies and business solutions to transform the work you do.
• You have a future mindset and forecast future customers, needs and agendas in order to better identify opportunities for integration and growth.
• You make difficult choices, address present and future issues and concerns, and take bold action.
Programs/Service Delivery and Policy Expertise:
• You understand intergovernmental relations, protocols and government decision making.
• You can provide executive leadership and sponsorship to a number of significant projects that advance and support business/ program operations and service delivery.
• You have demonstrated experience managing large, diverse program portfolios with operational and policy-based experience.
• You can manage large budgets allocated on an ongoing basis and over fiscal years.
• You provide strong executive leadership to ensure strategic direction, organizational alignment, fiscal and human resource accountability, and delivery on time, within scope and budget.
Judgement, Relationships and Political Acuity:
• You have demonstrated a high degree of political acuity to anticipate and respond to politically sensitive situations.
• You can establish effective relationships with senior ministry officials to assist government in setting priorities and undertake long term planning.
• You are skilled at providing advice and briefings regarding issues, negotiations and agreements to senior executives and political staff.
87 Sir William Hearst Ave, Toronto
$164,910.00 - $207,740.00 Per Year
Temporary for 24 months
Interview Dates will be between July 18 - 24