Are you interested in supporting economic development goals, including investment attraction, by delivering a customer-focused suite of investor services? If so, then bring your exceptional leadership skills to this role with the Ontario Investment Office, where you will support the mandate of attracting business investment and enabling business and sector growth in Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Lead and manage the delivery of programs and initiatives designed to enhance investment and development in Ontario's industries & key sectors; including developing business cases and value propositions to position Ontario as the best place to invest
• Develop and deliver a customer-focused suite of investor services with international and domestic companies, which could include engagement on issues related to business immigration, business costs, international trade agreements, provincial regulations, etc.
• Oversee the preparation of program planning and development submissions, discussion papers, presentations, business cases, value propositions, correspondence, and Cabinet submissions
• Lead and direct project management oversight to the development and execution of programs, services and strategies
• Oversee the design and establishment of program review models, evaluation processes, and methodologies that are consistent with government standards and best practices
• Lead and manage the development of policy/program revisions or recommendations based on program evaluation research, analyses and evidence-based study results
• Plan, manage, and coordinate the Province's engagement plans with companies and supporting organizations in the region
• Lead the development and implementation of communication strategies and products to promote programs, initiatives, and Ontario's investment presence domestically and internationally
• Serve on ministry, inter-ministry and inter-jurisdictional committees, forums, and working groups to relay the voice of business in policy development
• Build organizational capacity through effective human resources development
• Comply with legislative statutes, collective agreements, government and ministry policies, directives, guidelines and commitments related to programs and services.
How do I qualify?
Leadership and Project Management Skills:
• You have knowledge of government communications and issues management processes and methods, to provide critical identification and analysis of issues and stakeholder concerns
• You have knowledge of human resources theories, principles, policies and collective agreements
• You are able to develop organizational capacity, which includes succession planning, talent management, organization and job design, and labour relations management
• You have knowledge of project management principles and methodologies to oversee and guide the overall delivery of mandates and strategies
• You have knowledge of program evaluation and research methods, to lead and manage the research, analysis, and evaluation of program effectiveness
• You have knowledge of theories and practices related to business development and growth to deliver highly engaged customer service and promote a suite of service offerings
• You have knowledge of economic/business climate conditions to develop business cases and value propositions to sell Ontario as the best place to invest or expand
• You have an understanding of Ontario's key strategic sectors, with emphasis on understanding the needs of C-suite executives and company needs
• You have an understanding of international and domestic sectors, regions, technology and economic development to evaluate a range of businesses and companies
• You are familiar with private sector business processes, sales, business development, and investment servicing techniques to develop investment decisions in favour of Ontario
• You have knowledge of multi-year business and results-based planning processes, to lead and manage a significant ministry program area
• You have knowledge of government financial, administrative and procurement policies and directives to plan and manage fiscal and material resources
• You have knowledge of vendor management and government procurement principles, practices and methods, to authorize project contracts
• You have knowledge of government accountability frameworks and administrative and financial processes for the preparation, approval and administration of funding contracts
Communication and Relationship Management Skills:
• You are able to demonstrate political acuity in negotiating with, influencing, and advising senior executives of local and international companies
• You are able to build and foster strategic alliances with public and private sector partners and stakeholders to advance service delivery, promote Ontario and encourage investment
• You have strong stakeholder management and negotiation skills to foster and maintain good relationships and strategic partnerships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• You are able to prepare and deliver various types of presentations to investors, stakeholders and senior management
• You are able to provide strategic advice, and discuss with, brief, and make persuasive recommendations to ministry senior management and executives on project management plans, proposals, and issues resolution
• You are able to oversee the development of communications products to support project initiatives
• You can chair, lead and/or participate as a lead resource/member of division, ministry and stakeholder committees as required