The Ministry of Transportation, Corporate Business Services Branch, seeks a results-oriented, strategic leader to coordinate, lead and manage the planning, development and implementation of ministry-wide Records and Information Management (RIM) services and information access administration.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Business Services Branch, you will:
- Coordinate and lead the provision of comprehensive information management services to support client needs and ensure compliance with legislative requirements and best practices
- Lead and manage the ministry's Freedom of Information (FOI) program and the processing of all information access requests in accordance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), directives, policies and procedures
- Identify and assess emerging or contentious strategic and operational information management issues and data requests, their potential risks and impacts on client program delivery
- Lead and manage the development and monitoring of performance measurement metrics, communications, guidance and training products
- Plan and manage the delivery of a range of programs, methods, policies and practices to promote the effectiveness of RIM programs and ensure compliance with FIPPA legislative and regulatory obligations across the ministry
How do I qualify?
- You are an experienced leader and can create a positive, inclusive and productive work environment in a time of continuous change
- You have led, delivered and implemented multiple, large scale and multi-disciplinary projects in a fast-paced environment
- You have led and delivered on enterprise wide business transformation initiatives
Stakeholder Management and Communication
- You have superior analytical, strategic thinking and planning skills along with a strong sense of political acuity to deal with a variety of sensitive issues
- You are a strong negotiator who can influence multiple stakeholders to find collaborative solutions for complex issues
- You have demonstrated stakeholder management skills with the ability to establish and maintain credible relationships with senior management, clients and partners
- You have superior written and verbal communication skills and proven experience providing succinct briefings, advice, and effective presentations on complex issues
- You have demonstrated knowledge and expertise in interpreting and administering relevant information management provincial legislation, including FIPPA and related regulations, and Information and Privacy Commissioner directives/guidelines
- You have an in-depth understanding of government direction, priorities and business agenda related to records and information management
- You have a strong understanding of records and information management methods, best practices and techniques from a business planning/management and information technology perspective
- You have a strong knowledge of project management principles and methodologies
- You have demonstrated knowledge of policy and strategy development, financial planning and budgeting, operational and business planning processes, and performance metrics and measurement