Every day, people visit ServiceOntario, online, in person or over the phone, for their important life events and their business needs. As the public face of government services, ServiceOntario has a direct impact on the residents of Ontario. Our mission is to deliver customer-centred services that are simple and easy to use for the people of Ontario.
ServiceOntario's Partnerships and Business Development Branch is all about building and nurturing great relationships with partners across government to deliver the best possible government services to all 14 million residents of Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
What you'll be doing:
As the Manager of the Business Development Unit, you will lead the strategy and implementation of projects that deliver government services.
You will mentor a team of researchers, analysts and strategists on finding the best ways to deliver modern service solutions.
You are comfortable prototyping, testing and measuring new service delivery methods to meet ServiceOntario's service standards.
You lead by example, forging strong relationships with senior executives and partners. You enable team members to deliver great government services to internal and external government clients in the name of great customer service. You embrace change and inspire your team to think outside the box.
You will build strong relationships and have influence with municipal, provincial, federal and territorial partners so that ServiceOntario can develop the best strategies and deliver the best solutions to meet the needs of the public.
You will lead conversations with partners and stakeholders and mentor team members to write complex service agreements to achieve the best and most cost-effective business solutions.
You will research and recommend new approaches in service delivery to meet the evolving needs and expectations of the customer.
You will provide support and guidance to your team so they can provide the best strategic business advice to decision-makers and business partners.
How do I qualify?
• You have mentored diverse teams to perform in a fast-paced environment.
• You encourage team members to develop new skills and expertise that will help them meet the expectations and needs of customers and partners.
• You have experience leading teams to embrace change and ambiguity, and use evidence to try new and innovative ways of working together and with partners.
• You have experience coaching teams to reach their goals and push them out of their comfort zone.
• You pride yourself on building sound relationships with partners and stakeholders to gain their trust and buy-in on project proposals.
• You are comfortable leading discussions and negotiations with colleagues and decision-makers.
• You are familiar with the latest project management methodologies, best practices and software like Agile and Scrum.
• You are familiar with human-centred design methodologies.
• You pay meticulous attention to detail in the design, implementation and evaluation of a project to successfully deliver it from start to finish.
• You have experience planning and managing project budgets to ensure they are cost-effective and delivered on time.
• You have experience coordinating and tracking new business proposals and managing internal capacity.
• You have experience guiding and advising decision-makers on assessing and evaluating customer service solutions.
• You have experience working on omni-channel service delivery with an emphasis on digital services.
• You have an understanding of what the various levels of government are responsible for and can lead your team in strategy and delivery of federal/provincial/territorial projects.
Why join the team
Join us and help make government services work better for citizens. We provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth and development, opportunities to collaborate with talented people and the chance to work on signature digital government projects for the public.
• Broaden your networks with federal, provincial and territorial partners
• Influence the way government delivers services to the public
• Work on flagship digital government projects
• Learn and practise human-centred design methodologies
• Make an impact on the lives of all Ontarians as they access vital government services