Are you an innovative and transformational leader who is passionate about improving access for Ontario’s learners, and advancing a highly skilled workforce through digital education in Ontario? If so, consider this exciting and challenging opportunity to lead the vision and strategic design of the Digital Policy Framework for the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD).
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this key executive position, you will:
- Create the vision for improving access, harnessing digital potential and leading the development of a strategic digital policy framework for postsecondary education in Ontario
- Modernize the ministry’s growing set of sustainable policy initiatives related to technology-enabled learning to contribute to the government’s strategic priorities related to creating a highly skilled workforce that meets the needs of today’s economy
- Collaborate with internal ministry partners like Employment Ontario, external digital learning initiatives (e.g., Contact North, e-Campus, OntarioLearn, etc.), and public universities and colleges to meet the needs of traditional and non-traditional learners in a technology-driven environment
- Lead, support and promote a productive and supportive team environment while fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion and service excellence
How do I qualify?
- You have demonstrated experience in leading transformational initiatives, and developing innovative, risk-based strategy and policy to advance the ministry’s digital policy framework
- You are committed to continuous improvement and service excellence
- You are flexible and resilient, and able to adapt in a changing environment
- You have proven strategic leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve high-quality and timely results, incorporating the principles of inclusion and diversity
Relationship Management and Communication Skills:
- You have demonstrated ability to anticipate and manage high-profile issues and deliver accurate and rapid responses to external enquiries
- You have deep experience engaging, building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders and communicating and influencing across a broad spectrum of organizations
- You have a collaborative leadership style and recognize the value of working horizontally both internally and externally
- You demonstrate clear communication skills in articulating strategy, direction, advice and recommendations
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- You have experience directing the gathering of business intelligence, research and specialized expertise to inform policy development
- You have knowledge and experience in design thinking principles and processes such as journey mapping to understand and inform end-user needs
- You have a high degree of integrity and political acuity to manage complex issues within an organization with high public profile and scrutiny