Conditions and Nomination Procedure of the Award
- Meaningful communication: Effective communication in today’s noisy world is critical. Social leaders must seek out ways to take advantage of all forms of communication in order to amplify their message and must ensure that the information provided and feedback given is relevant, timely, constructive and accurate.
- High-level of emotional intelligence (EQ): Self-awareness is a fundamental ingredient when trying to build respectful relationships and facilitates good leadership. It allows for real connections to happen and trust to be built between leaders and their teams. Leaders who demonstrate high levels of EQ are vulnerable, open and transparent, and more in tune with people’s emotions and personal boundaries.
- Authentic leadership: This style of leadership is not authoritative in nature because it’s focused on tapping into the whole team’s expertise. The authentic leader understands each team member’s strengths and weaknesses and empowers them to take the lead on files.
- Ongoing recognition: Providing real-time recognition adapted to the needs of the person being recognized helps build trust and strengthens relationships. It also fosters a sense of pride and commitment to organizational goals.
- Real visibility: Visibility is another critical element of social leadership. Visibility can be both virtual and physical. The leader needs to be seen in order to be able to inspire. Social branding allows leaders to build their social media profile to showcase themselves as experts in a particular area and amplify their message through visibility. This helps them build credibility and take on exciting leadership roles in their areas of expertise and passion.
In June, a selection committee will select a shortlist of three candidates. The final selection of the award recipient will be undertaken through e-voting.