November 12 2014
16:45:00 - 19:30:00
Shattering the glass ceiling: How the public service can and should provide an environment for individual career ownership
HMCS Bytown Officers’ Mess, 78 Lisgar Street, Ottawa, Crowsnest Room (top floor)
Join the Institute of Public Administration of Canada as we engage three federal public service leaders on how the public service can and should empower women to take ownership of their careers. This important discussion will focus on what can be done to:
• Reinvigorate the public service identity and ensure that this identity reflects the realities women are facing.
• Create a more flexible work environment.
• Empower individuals at all levels to take ownership of their career and consider what this means for women at different stages of their careers.
• Connect employees with senior management and break down traditional vertical accountability structures by being open and networked.
• Krista Outhwaite, Associate Deputy Minister, Public Health Agency of Canada
• Nancy Chahwan, Assistant Deputy Minister, Parliamentary Precinct Branch, Public Works and Government Services Canada
• Lisa Sullivan, Chair, Federal Youth Network
Click here to register for this event